Beautiful, beautiful life. Can you believe that my cat, Paco, who disappeared 1 1/2 years ago, just walked by my kitchen window! So casually, as if he hadn’t been gone all this time. Crazy, huh? It didn’t look like he wanted to stay, and he looked pretty darn good! So I guess I will not worry, but be happy he’s safe and not poisoned or something!
|Recipe of the Day – Fermented Roasted Garlic Spread|
- 4 heads fermented garlic (See recipe on this blog by typing “Fermented Garlic” in the search engine on this first page
- 3 tsp. olive or coconut oil
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh herbs, minced ( I like rosemary)
- Cut garlic crosswise in half and spread some oil on cut surface, wrap in foil.
- Roast in 375°F oven about 45-50 minutes until soft and golden.
- Squeeze the meat out of the skins. Season with salt and pepper add enough oil to taste while using a fork to smash till smooth and creamy. Mix in rosemary.
Word of the Day – asado – roasted
Tip of the Day – Use on gluten-free bread or toast, roasted vegetable like asparagus, peppers; put in hummus, yum!