My sister says, “Tonight I’m making a variation of that old carrot rice nut loaf we used to make. I’ve added spinach,arugula, and sesame seeds.”
Recipe of the Day – Carrot Rice Nut Loaf
- 2 c. brown rice
- 2 c. sunflower or almond cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 c. oats or gf breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. spinach or arugula
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- 1/4 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Italian herbs
- optional – 2 c. spaghetti sauce
- Combine all into a greased 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 to 60 minutes until firm. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and slice. Serve with heated spaghetti sauce, if desired.
Word of the Day –hoy dia – today during this day/all day
TiP of the Day – Put the cheese and avocado on top, if you want, too!