Poor me. No one showed up for yoga at the Raw Food Retreat tonight. They were exhausted from their Steam session, Podocarpus hike, change of diet, and very few even showed up to eat! I had to do yoga alone in the Bamboo Pavilion, walk in the Enchanted Forest, hang in the yoga swing, sweat in the sauna, and then eat the raw food feast. Sigh. What a day. But I’ll be back tomorrow!
- 1 c. ground almonds or the pulp from making milk
- ½ c. almond butter
- 3 T. coconut syrup or honey
- 1 pinch vanilla powder or 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- For Coating:
- ¼ c almonds, ground
- ¼ c. cacao nibs, ground
- 1/4 c. cashew butter
- Combine all of the truffle ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Roll round balls in your hands to form the truffles.
- Chill the truffle balls slightly before rolling them in either ground almonds or cocoa nibs. Cut each in half, and fill with cashew butter. Put the top on each truffle.
- Keep the truffles refrigerated in an airtight container.
Word/Phrase of the Day – pobre de mi – poor me
Tip of the Day – It’s easy to get spoiled with daily beauty. Good for me to let something be cancelled and take time to sit and breathe and remember this gorgeous setting I’m in.
Press “subscribe” to get these recipes in your emails. it’s free!