After coming home from the pool and bike riding, having your dinner made sure sounds good. Do this in your crockpot, if you want!
Recipe of the Day – Pineapple Chili
- 3 c. tofu or ground meat.
- 1 medium whit onion, chopped
- 3 c. chopped pineapple
- 8 c. chopped tomatoes
- 2. c. cooked black beans
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 T. chili powder
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- optional : 1 c. daiya or regular white cheese, tofu or almond sour cream and hot sauce.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook tofu/meat and onions, stirring to crumble. Drain off any fat and transfer to your slow cooker.
- Drain the pineapple, separating the juice and the fruit. Add the juice to the slow cooker. Cover and store the fruit in the refrigerator (it will be added toward the end of cooking).
- Add tomatoes, black beans, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Stir gently.
- Cook on low (6-8 hours), adding reserved pineapple during last hour or two of cooking, or on high (4-5 hours), adding pineapple during last ½ hour – hour of cooking.
- Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
Word of the Day – notacion – swim therapy
Tip of the Day – You can leave out the beans, adjust the spices to make it hotter, if you like.