My camote plants started producing! These are my first sweet potatoes, yum! They are so good, coming out of the dirt. Here’s my Repe Soup with camote..
- 6 green bananas, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium sized finely chopped white onion
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 6 c. water, can also use the broth or cooking liquid from the peas
- 1 c. oat milk
- 4 T. finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Add the water or broth from the camote, bring to a boil and add the diced green bananas, simmer until the green bananas are soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the camote, stir well and cook for 5 minutes. You can blend this for a creamy soup with the oat milk, if you like.
Word of the Day – repe – green banana soup
Tip of the Day – Serve with avocado and hot sauce, salsa or Aji! The traditional Ecuadorian recipe uses ½ tsp ground achiote (optional) mozzarrella and feta cheese.