A couple came over to visit, and gave me the recipe for their Abadhi cookies, crackers, actually which they sell in town. Here is my gluten-free version.
8 c. quinoa flour
1 T. sea salt
2 c. sesame seeds
2 c. water
1 cup oil*
1/2 cup water
2/3 tsp. Mahlab
pinch baking soda
options: turmeric, hyssop
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
2. Mix all the dry ingredient together.
3. Add in the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until you get a dough with a consistency that will be easy to handle.
4. Roll walnut sized balls from your dough and place on baking sheet.
5. Poke each ball with your finger, slowly widening the hole, until you get nice round O’s. Or you can make breadsticks.
6. Place in the oven and bake for a half hour at 350 dgress f. They should be golden.
Word of the Day – conocido – well-known
Tip of the Day – Make these at night when you want a filling snack, my guests said.