Sunflower Seed Butter isn’t that pretty to look at, but it sure tastes good! Oh my gosh, I can’t stop eating it!
- 2 c. raw sunflower seeds (if roasted. as your heart desires)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- 1/4 c. caraway seeds
- 1/4 c. coconut crystals
- 1 pinch stevia powder
- 1 T. flax seeds
- optional: 1-2 tsp coconut sugar or stevia to sweeten, pumpkin or hemp seeds
If you want to roast the sunflower seeds, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and spread the seeds on a baking sheet.
Roast for 10-15 minutes, stirring/turning the pan occasionally, until light golden.
Add the sunflower seeds to a food processor (or high speed blender) and blend until a butter forms, scraping down sides as needed. It took about 15 minutes in my food processor, turning off every few minutes so it wouldn’t overheat. But yours might work better!
Add salt, chia seeds and flax flax seed,and mix/pulse to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt, and sweeteners.
So good on cornbread, waffles, gf toast, bananas, you name it!
- Word of the Day – mantequilla – butter
- Tip of the Day – Resist the urge to add any additional oil (and especially not water, as it will cause the butter to seize up).avoid using liquid sweeteners, as they can cause the butter to seize up and lose its form).