These guests, back for the 4th or 5th time, are so easy and such a joy to be around. They tell me things, like the propane tank is out of gas, but never complain. Know what I mean? W takes the dogs for a walk every afternoon! Holy cow, I am lucky.
- 3 large gluten-free or corn tortillas
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 1 green onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 ” ginger, grated
- 1 T. curry
- 1/3 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 c. cooked green peas
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For The Paste
- 2 T. gluten-free flour
- 3 T. coconut water
- Place potatoes with cold water in a large pot over medium-high and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onion, garlic, ginger and cook until soft about 3 minutes. Add curry powder and cook for a minute stirring.
- Add potatoes, peas, cilantro, cayenne pepper and salt and stir to combine flavors. Remove from heat to cool.
- Combine gluten-free flour and water in a small bowl and mix to form a paste.
- Cut tortilla down the middle, fold one side over towards the center and add a little paste then bring the other end up and over the pasted end and seal to form a cone. Add filling and seal the remaining open end with the paste. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place samosas on a baking tray, brush with oil and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Word of the Day – tevia – lukewarm
Tip of the Day -M says, ” I forgot to say don’t make them if you’re out of curry powder. The first batch was too bland without it. ”