Look at what local women here are doing:You are invited to participate in providing food and encouragement for Extremely Poor Families. Dr. Sonia Romero and Sheri Yohe are leading a community outreach to extremely poor families. We will help 10 families in Vilcabamba, 10 families in Malacatos and 10 families in a pueblo close to Sheri’s home called Chinguilamac.
Dr. Sonia will locate the extremely poor families in Vilcabamba and Malacatos and Sheri will locate the families in Chinguilamaca. *If you know of a family in extreme need in these areas please contact Sonia at Jardin Escondido or Sheri, email@example.com.
- Please bring all monetary donations to Dr Sonia at Jardin Escondido by November 28. Sonia and her husband Marco will purchase bulk food supplies on Thursday November 30.
- Please bring all food staples (non-perishables) to Jardin Escondido by December 2nd.
- Come and help fill the food baskets on December 2nd at Jardin Escondido, from 2:00 pm – 4:00.
- Join us: Saturday, December 9, 2:00 pm – meet at Jardin Escondido – deliver baskets to 10 homes in Malacatos
- Join us: Sunday, December 10, 2:00 pm – meet at Jardin Escondido – deliver baskets to 10 homes in Chinguilamaca (50 minutes from Vilcabamba)
- Join us: Saturday, December 16, 2:00 pm – meet at Jardin Escondido – deliver baskets to 10 homes in VilcabambaNeeded:Cars/drivers – willing to transport people and food basketsMusicions – Sheri and Sonia play guitar – Song sheets will include guitar chords. More musicians to sing or play an instrument – WELCOME!Advertise this event. Please help us spread the word and join us.Saturday, December 2, 2:00 – 4:00 pm assemble the baskets at Jardin Escondido – practice our songsSabbath, December 9, 2:00 – 5:00 pm take baskets to 10 families in MalacatosSunday, December 10, 2:00 – 5:00 pm take baskets to 10 families in ChinguilamacaSaturday, December 16, 2:00 – 5:00 pm take baskets to 10 families in VilcabambaAt each home:Hand out;· Basket of food staples· Coloring pages and color pencils to each child· Sing a Christmas Hymn of encouragement· Pray for the families needsFollow-up for these 30 families will take place once every 3 months. Example: We plan to re-visit the same 10 families in Malacatos one Saturday in January, the same 10 families in Vilcabamba one Saturday in February, and the same 10 families in Chinguilamaca one Saturday in March and continue to re-visit these families once every three months throughout the year to bring encouragement, sing with them, pray for them and bring food staples. Our goal is to enable and encourage – not to make them dependent but to express compassion and love. Not just once a year.Please help us.Ingredients:
- 19. soaked dates, pitted. Save the date water for additional liquid
- 2-3 T. raw cacao or carob powder
- 3 T. Peanut Butter
- 1/4 c. oats to roll or add to the mix
- pinch salt
- options: 2 tablespoons chopped nuts, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, sea salt to taste, shredded coconut, berries, cacao nibs
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients until they form a large ball.
- Add salt to taste and stir in the cereal.
- Shape into small balls (I made about 16).
- Place balls in the freezer for around 6-8 minutes until mostly firm.
Word of the Day – pobreza -poverty
Tip of the Day – Share and you’ll feel so much better. It will lighten your heart.
Press “subscribe” to get these recipes in your inbox. It’s free!