My beautiful, kind-faced friend Patricia says, ” They are fabulous grated and fried like hash browns — I make patties and they get all nice and crispy and are delicious.”
Recipe of the Day – White Carrot Hashbrowns
- 3 large white potatoes, peeled or not
- 4 large white carrots, scrubbed
- 1 extra large egg or 1 T. flax seed soaked in 3 T. water
- 1⁄4 c. coconut or almond milk
- 1 T. gluten-free or wheat flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- Shred potatoes and carrots into a large bowl.
- Beat egg, if using.
- Then add remaining ingredients.
- Beat mixture to combine.
- Add to potatoes and carrots, and mix with large spoon until blended.
- In a large fry pan, fill to a 1/4 inch from the bottom with vegetable oil and heat through on medium heat.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to spoon out the mixture into the hot oil.
- Then press with a spatula to form into pancakes.
- Turn when edges begin to brown and cook through, about another two minutes.
- Rest on paper towels and serve.
Word of the Day – salteado – sauteed
Tip of the Day – You could put these in the toaster oven, or bake them instead.
To get these recipes in your inbox, press “subscribe.” it’s free!