We had a pretty good storm last night. A whole bunch of my camping stuff got soaked, but the sun came out shortly after, and today everything has dried out already. I just finished sewing all the little holes in the mosquito net. Good thing I had my technology unplugged!
Recipe of the Day – Eggplant Chili
- 1lb. mushroom
- 1medium green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 11/2 c. tomatoes
- 1c. tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 c. water or broth
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 T. yucca or corn starch
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar, optional
- 1 tsp. salt, or to tast
- dash pepper
- 2 c. kidney beans, cooked
- Add mushroom, onion, and garlic to a large pot; cook over medium heat until mushrooms are slightly wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the kidney beans.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and lower heat; simmer for 2 hours.
- Add in kidney beans; stir.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes; adjust seasoning to taste.
Word of the Day – tormenta, truena – storm, thunder
Tip of the Day – Do this with ground beef, turkey or chicken, if you’re a meat eater.
Press “subscribe” to get these recipes in your inbox. It’s free!