One of my readers asks, “How do you do your posts while camping?”
I keep the rest of my junk under the benches outside the cottage.
Thanks for asking!”
2⁄3 c. gluten-free flour, mix (any)
1⁄3 c. cornstarch or 1⁄3 c. potato starch
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
1⁄4 tsp. xanthan gum
2-3 whole eggs
1 c. Coconut milk, cow’s milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Beat eggs for 1 minute with electric mixer or blender or whisk.
- Add all other ingredients and beat/stir/whisk for 2 minutes.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator (4 hours AT LEAST, OVERNIGHT if making a Crock-Pot meal).
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit or 235 Celsius.
- In muffin pans, take vegetable or olive oil and put 1 tsp. in the bottom of each muffin tin cup. (The traditional way to make them is to put the drippings from a roast in them.)
- Put the muffin tin in the oven for 18-20 minutes WITHOUT any batter in it.
- When oil in tins is piping hot, take batter out of fridge and, using a ladle, fill each cup 1/2 – 2/3 full and put in back in the oven IMMEDIATELY.
- Cook for 18-25 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN! MAKE SURE THEY ARE BROWN ON THE TOP!!!!! Enjoy and serve with Crock-Pot Stew or Roast!
- You can also put a small amount of shredded cheese on the top of the ALREADY BAKED puddings! (Or top with goats cheese, herbs, and drippings)
Word of the Day – la acampada – camping
Tip of the Day – The thing you fear may turn out to be the thing you love! Like sleeping under the sweet smell of Ecuadorian flowers and the glorious night sky.
If you’d like to receive these recipes or articles in your inbox, click the “subscribe” button. It’s free!