Dang, I ate all the mini-muffins again. All nine in one day…
1 chopped, peeled, seeded, cooked yellow squash
1 fat carrot, washed, sliced and steamed
1 tsp, Stevia/Xylitol powder
2 drops liquid Stevia
1/4 c. Coconut crystals
1 T. Chia seeds soaked in 3 T water, or 2 eggs
2 c. Gluten-free flour (I used oat and haba, bean flour) today
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 c. Water from the steamed veges
1/2 c. chocolate bits or cacao nibs.
- Steam the squash for 7-10 minutes in a pan of boiling water.
- Turn down the heat after it comes to boil, and put the top on.
- Prick with a fork to see if it’s soft.
- Remove from water, and save the water in case you need some for the batter.
- When cool, scrape the squash out of the skin with a fork.
- Mash well with the rest of the ingredients, minus the flour, in a food processor or blender.
- Add the flour by hand, as dough will be quite thick.
- Then stir in the chocolate. Add some of the soak water to make a cake-like batter.
- You can dehydrate these at 105 degrees for 4 hours or more, until desired consistency.
- Or bake for 20 minutes in mini -paper-lined cupcake tins.
Word of the Day – comi – ate
Tip of the Day – They’re good for you. It’s okay to eat a bunch. Although it would be nice to save some for the next morning, ha ha.
If you’d like to get these recipes in you inbox, press the “subscribe” button. it’s free!