Saw this little guy on top of a container I had just filled with water. Perhaps he was at the bottom and swam up as it filled. And I talked to him, asked him to stay for a minute, looking right in his eyes, and then ran and got my IPAD from the house, and he was still there for the picture when I got back!
6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
1 c. fresh blueberries, strawberries, moras or other berries
1 cucumber, sliced
1/4 c. red onion. sliced thinly
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
4 T. Balsamic Vinegar
4 T. Olive Oil
Juice of one lime
1 T. honey
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Soak the blueberries in the balsamic vinegar in one bowl.
- Soak the lime in the oil in another bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut corn from cobs and discard the cobs.
- Then, combine the corn with the berries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Whisk together Balsamic, Oil, honey, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Word of the Day – rana – frog
Tip of the Day – Make this salad ahead of time, the day before, if you like, so the lime and berries can be infused into the liquids. Yum!
If you’d like to get these recipes in you inbox, press the “subscribe” button. it’s free!