Jose was going to so some work for me, but he can’t right now. Want to know why? Because he’s going on a walk! A three-day walk from San Pedro to Loja to Catamayo, wow! A celebration of Maria Del Cisne. He says he won’t bring a blanket, “It’s too nice out.” Just water and food, but no cooking. Wow, impresionante! Impressive!
3 lbs, (3-4 large) camote or sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into chunks
2 c. Strawberries, washed and de-leafed
2 T. water
1/4 c. Coconut or maple syrup
4 T. Coconut oil
Salt to taste
4 oranges,peeled and seeded
1 T. Coconut oil
1/3 c. Panela or coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss sweet potatoes and oil together until evenly coated on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast until sweet potatoes are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring berries, sugar and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until the berries are soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Purée in a blender. Strain into a bowl.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add the oranges, oil, syrup and 1/2 cup of the berry purée; reserve remaining purée.
- Whip with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Season lightly with salt.
- To serve, transfer to a warm serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining puree. Serve hot.
Word of the Day – caminando – walking
Tip of the Day – These can be chilled for up to 1 day, re-heating just the potatoes.
if you’d like to receive these emails in yoir inbox, click on the “subsrcibe” button. It’s free!