Going to Sunday market was so fun today! I actually got a feeling of elation in my heart and chest, just having the money to spend. Usually I have, say 65 cents, and I dicker on 3 potatoes and 2 carrots and an avocado, for instance. And today I could buy whatever I wanted! I had ten dollars! And actually looked at things with interest, oh my gosh, What a different world it is with cash in your pocket.
1 c. oats
2 1/2 c. coconut or almond milk
1 3/4. c. gluten-free flour (I used brown rice, haba and rice flour today)
3/4 c. pureed sweet potato, pumpkin, camote or yams
1 T. coconut oil
2 eggs, or 4 T.flax seed in 12 T. water
1/2 c. canela or coconut sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 pinches vanilla powder or 2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
- You can do this in the blender.
- Pour the milk, vanilla and eggs or flax and blend.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients , minus the oil and mix well. Let rest while you heat the griddle to medium-high.
- Throw a few sprinkles of water on the griddle. If they jump, it’s ready.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto the pan and cook 1-2 minutes on the first side.
- If there are bubbles in the batter and the bottom is golden, it’s time to flip it.
- Flip and cook for 30 seconds to 0ne minute.
- Serve warm with Stevia syrup (see recipe this blog), honey or fruit jam. (See recipe this blog.)
Word of the Day – trato – deal, treaty
Tip of the Day – Substitute bananas for the sweet potatoes, to make banana pancakes. Add some walnuts or cacao nibs to the cakes after flipping!
if you’d like to receive these emails in yoir inbox, click on the “subsrcibe” button. It’s free!