Today is a good day to celebrate with a mango. It’s my two-year anniversary of landing in Ecuador! And I’m eating mangoes from my land! It’s a lot hotter and drier here in Cucanama Bajo, so some things grow sooner! What a perfect way to celebrate.
1 firm, ripe papaya
1 medium- ripe mango
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
3 T. Lime
2 T. Olive Oil
1 T. lime zest
1/8 ” diced jalapeno
2 T.Balsamic Vinegar
1 T. fresh coriander
- Chop in half, Seed and peel papaya.
- Peel mango and cut flesh from pit.
- Cut papaya and mango into 1/4 inch pieces or scoop with a melon ball.
- Place in small bowl and toss with onion, Lime, Olive Oil, and lime zest, Jalapeno, Balsamic Vinegar, coriander, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Chill, covered for at least 2 hours.
Word of the Day – celebracion – celebration
Tip of the Day – Save those papaya seeds and eat a tablespoon as a preventative cancer measure, as well as removing parasites from your intestines. IT REALLY WORKS. Save a bit of sweet fruit to eat as a chaser. Those seeds are awfully peppery!
To get these recipes and articles in yoir daily email, press the “subscribe” button. It’s free!