I have a guest who is birthing birthing the baby for someone else, a water birth! She is a midwife. What a cool, new idea for my finca, my land! A great place where it is super quiet, calm, and the guests feel like they are “held ” they say. I am interested to see the timing and how it will all work out!
1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
1/3 c. almond milk, as needed
1 green pepper, diced small
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 tsp. minced thyme
1⁄3 c. finely chopped basil
1⁄4 c. nutritional yeast
1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower in a large pot with water to cover.
- Cook about seven minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Drain and puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add the milk, if needed, to achieve a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Place the onion in a large skillet or saucepan and saute over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the onions from sticking to the pan.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and basil and cook for another minute.
- Add the nutritional yeast or parmesan, nutmeg, and salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add the onion-garlic mixture to the cauliflower puree and blend until smooth, adding up to 1⁄2 cup of water if necessary to achieve a smooth consistency use over brown rice, pasta or veggies!
Word of the Day – finca – land/estate
Tip of the Day – With this water birth happening, the saying, “go with the flow,” is taking on a new meaning!
If you’d like to receive these recipes in your email, click the “subscribe” button. Ir’s free!