Man, that Black Salve did it again. My finger was swollen for three days. I think en espina – a thorn got in there from the blackberries and moras del campo – (field berries.) And I tried cooling it with ice, blowing on it, ha ha, aloe vera, then the antibiotic cream. Only after three days did I remember the black salve to draw out the barb. First I soaked it in hot water, then applied the cool salve. Aaah, what relief. Then later, poked it in three places with a sterile pin. The pus started coming out freely. Immediate relief.
That’s where living alone gets me. If only I’d asked you, you could’ve reminded me, ha ha! ( See recipe this blog for Black Salve)
Recipe of the Day – BBQ’d Mango
- 1 mango, just barely ripe
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder; or chipotle
- 1/2 tsp paprika; or smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coconut crystals
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Slice the mango in half. Using a sharp knife, slice in direction, then around the perimeter. Scoop out with a spoon and put on dehyrdrator sheets. Squeeze lemon juice over all, then sprinkle with spices.
- Dehydrate at 1o5°F for 4-8 hours, or until the outside is crispy.
Word of the Day – mango – mango
Tip of the Day – To make it into mango jerky,, dehyrate up to two days, until completely dry.
Word of the Day – espina – thorn
If you want to receive these recipes in your inbox, click on the “subscribe” button. It’s free!