“Can Tiko go with you?” I asked the airbnb guest, who kindly offered to walk the trash down to the road. “He knows it’s trash day and he’s waiting for me to do our Friday walk.” “Sure,” said the guest. I could hear him talking to Tiko on the way out. “We’re gonna take the trash out, and go on an adventure!” Don’t tell all the robbers that Tiko will go out with a lot of people!
These wonderful guests also left a lot of yucca here. so I boiled it up and mashed it and added it to these brownies. They came out great! Because yucca is so naturally sweet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8 inch by 8 inch glass baking dish with 1 tsp. coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, cacao, coconut oil, and syrup. Melt over low heat, stirring. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into your brownie pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, sticking a knife or toothpick in the center to makes sure it’s done. Knife or toothpick will come out clean.
Word of the Day –palillo – toothpick
Tip of the Day – You can use cassava, platano, or other gluten-free flour instead of yucca. Yucca grows natively here and is such a beautiful, non-gluten, velvety flour to use.
Click the “subscribe” button to get these recipes in your emails!