I’m carrying two tangerines for my lunch in to town. Every time I think they will be my lunch, and help me not buy food. But it turns out they are always for the begging man with the sorrowful eyes, the confident beggar who needs no money, but asks for it, or the woman with children and a baby, who plagues you for money until you beg her to stop, and become a beggar in return.
- 2 c. cashews
- 1 1/2 whole mandarins (tangerines, seeds removed)
- 3 or 4 T. coconut butter
- dash vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. coconut nectar or honey
- 3-4 T. almond/coconut milk or water
- Pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor and process until smooth. Try it with raw cookies, gluten-free cake, like my Poppy Seed Cake! (See recipe this blog.)
Word of the Day – mendigo – beggar
Tip of the Day – Frost bottom layer of cake and allow to freeze for 4-6 hours. Top with remaining cake mixture and gently press, again smoothing edges and evening the sides. Return to freezer for an additional 2 hours. Remove from spring form pan and frost either top or sides or both with remaining frosting.
Click the subscribe button to receive these recipes in your email everyday.