Think there’s nothing to do? I know better, just step outside, Dorothy. Look for a ladder to change a lightbulb. On the way, check the tomatillos to see if they’re ready. On the way to the tomatillo tree, exclaim in astonishment at the new red hachira- red/orange flowers. Go get the IPAD to take a picture. On the way to the Ipad, sweep off the guest’s casita porch, wipe their outdoor kitchen. Then pick the berries in back, but realize it just rained! So there must be tons of mora berries arriba – above. And indeed there are, at which time Wilson comes by to get the difficult-to-reach ones, when we found all the volunteer carrots, which he took out for me. I retrieved the carrot tops from the compost, for my smoothies, and gave him half the berries and carrots. Put on music upon realizing you’re gonna be outdoors for awhile. Go back to the take the flower pic, and explore the maracuya vines and papaya trees for any ripe fruits. The sun comes out so I wash my hair and sit out in the sun. Time for lunch!
Make your own dark chocolate almond butter at home! Completely easy, healthy, and delicious!
- 2 c. almonds
- dash vanilla powder or 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c.dark chocolate pieces or nibs
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1-2 T. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. coconut syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Add almonds to food processor and process for 10-15 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary until you reach a creamy or nutty butter.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in small saucepan over very low heat. Stir consistently until completely melted and smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and process again until smooth.
- Transfer to mason jar or container and store at room temperature or in fridge. If you store at room temp, simply give the almond butter a stir before you use it. Use it for candies, as well, and other sweet treats!
Word of the Day – paila – bowl
Tip of the Day -Whenever you’re bored, look for a ladder. It’s not the first time to have looked for a ladder became an adventure!
Click on the “subscribe” button to get these recipes in your inbox daily. It’s free!