I made this as a gift on a Friday night, for my airbnb guests. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people!
1½ c. gluten-free flour
¼ c. cacao
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
8 T. coconut oil, melted slightly
1 c. coconut sugar
3 T. chia seeds
½ c. almond sour cream (see recipe this blog)
dash powdered vanilla (or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract)
1 c. dark-chocolate pieces
Coconut crystal sugar, as garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. Sift the flour, cocao, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Add the oil, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla, then mix with a whisk until well combined.
3. Gently fold in the chocolate bits.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Let the bread cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove it from the pan while it is still warm by inverting it onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing and serving. If desired, finish the loaf with a dusting of coconut sugar.
Word of the Day – viernes – Friday
Tip of the Day – When you make a gift for fun, and it is fun, you know it’s a dang-good gift; not one pre-planned for a reason.
If you’d like to receive these recipes in your inbox, click the “subscribe” button. it’s free!