As I stepped into the casita, I had to tell myself consciously to let out a breath. It was a mess. The couple has just realized their Polish Visa was about to expire, and high-tailed it to Peru to get out of the country. They left so fast that, even though they’re the nicest of young people, the floors were grundgy, the toilet…you know, awful, the stove and fridge…oh my goodness. I’m doing a piece a day – today’s the paintng of the bathroom wall, and tomorrow I finish with the floors. Yikes. Still, I am blessed with work.
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 strawberries, diced
- ⅓ c shredded coconut
- 1 T. chia or flax seeds soaked in 3 T. water
- 1 T. honey or coconut syrup
- dash vanilla powder or ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 c. hot tea.
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 6 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 c. almond or coconut milk
- Put all ingredients, except the toppings, in a bowl with lid, or even a jar. In the morning you can add the toppings and eat cold or warm. So nice to have your breakfast all ready in the morning!
Word of the Day – desayuno – breakfast