This morning I had a very nice comment about the DIY salve. ” D, “I…came back to town with my violin and wouldn’t ya know it! I was jammin …hours and then some other musicians came and we jammed until 8pm! At home my arm started aching so I did my exercises and that helped but not enough. I thought of the salve you made and gave to me. I rubbed that on and around my shoulder and (I am not kidding!) within minutes I had relief from a deep, tiring pain. I sat in revelation on my yoga mat savoring the instant relief, then noticing a similar tired achiness emanating from my neck and withers muscle on the right side. I put some of the good stuff on it and, voila! once again total, immediate relief. That salve is wonderful! You could give it to the world, [or sell it for a modest and well deserved income.] It is the best of that sort that I have ever used.
Thank you for that wonderful gift.”
- 1 c. cold pressed olive oil
- 1 ounce total of dried herb – 1/2 ounce of calendula and 1/2 ounce of comfrey
- 1/2 ounce of grated beeswax
- 3 vitamin E capsules (of at least 400 units)
- 10 drops Essential Oil (lavender, rose, or jasmine, lemon, whatever you’d like to smell.)
- 1 tsp. mica powder, color of choice, to color the salve. (But you don’t need to.)
- Cheesecloth to strain herbs
- Place your herbs into an oven safe dish and pour the olive oil in. Stir and bake in the oven at the lowest possible temperature (less than 200 degrees F.) and bake for 3 hours. This is your infused oil. *(Or, you can pour olive oil directly over the herbs in a clean jar and let sit for 6 weeks.)
- After 3 hours allow the mix to cool slightly but strain through the cheesecloth while it’s still warm. Squeeze out all the oil you can.
- Very GENTLY heat the oil mix back up., without burning. Use a double boiler, if possible.
- Puncture and add your vitamin E capsules (or about 1/2 teaspoon if using liquid E) and then add your beeswax. Stir until it’s completely melted and blended.
- Remove from heat and let cool just a minute or two while you add the essential oil and mica powder – your color. Then pour into a wide mouth jar or several small jars. As it cools the mixture will become semi-solid and be the perfect consistency!
Word/Phrase of the Day – Linda mi amiguita, besos = Pretty, my little friend, kisses
Tip of the Day –Use this sparingly. It warms up the area quickly, and amazingly has the potential to provide instant relief.
Click the “subscribe” button if you want to get these recipes in your daily email. It’s free!