- 2 c. sprouted chickpeas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. tahini
- 3 tsp. cumin
- 3 Tab. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Hungarian or smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 cup pure water
- Cover dry chickpeas in water and soak for 12 hours.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain chickpeas twice a day for the next 2 days until they sprout little tails. Keep an eye on them as they can get too wet and mold quickly. I like to keep the jar on it’s side so they lay in one layer.
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas, sesame seeds or tahini , lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and paprika.
- Add a little pure water slowly to the processor until you start to have a smooth, thick paste. Add only as much until you reach the consistency you like.
- Garnish with paprika, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
Word of the Day – independiente – independent
Tip of the Day – The hardest thing about being independent is getting of my butt. It’s so easy to do nothing here! But do it, I tell you! Get off your butt, Dorothy!
Click “subscribe” to get these recipes in your inbox daily. It’s free!