My beautiful, simple kitchen is finished. Some day I will have cabinets. Perhaps someday soon! And windows from you-know-who. But for now, I have running water, and I am happy!
- 4 c. spinach greens (one bunch)
- 1 lb. chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 hpg. tsp. tahini
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- sea salt and black pepper
- 3-4 T. oat flour (ground from gluten free oats)
- 3 T. coconut or olive oil for cooking
- Add all except oil and oats to a food processor and blend. Stir in oat flour 1 Tbsp at a time until the mixture is thick enough to handle .You can bake at 400 degrees F with coconut oil for 15 minutes, turning at half the time. Or, to fry:
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add 2 Tbsp oil at a time. Swirl to coat pan.
- Add 4 falafel patties and fry 1-2 minutes on each side..
- Serve immediately with hummus and paprika, or inside a pita with garlic sauce or hummus.
- Will store in the fridge, layered with parchment paper in an airtight container, for several days. Freeze to keep longer