Well, the new compost bin is good, but I have to use all my strength to get a banana peel to the edge from the kitchen window. My last one just missed Franklin’s car. Guess it’ll keep my throwing arm in practice!
- 1 c. cashews
- 1/2 c. water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, spiralized or shaved
- 2 c. kale
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours. Drain and rinse. Add the water, salt, and garlic. Puree until creamy.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and toss in the pan for 6-7 minutes with tongs until tender-crisp. Remove from heat and toss in the kale- it should wilt pretty quickly.
- Add half of the herbs and half of the sauce to the pan and toss to combine. Add water if the mixture is too sticky. Season generously with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and top with the remaining fresh herbs.
Options: tomatoes, olives, peppers roasted garlic, caramelized onion
Word of the Day – echar – to throw
Tip of the Day –Save the pieces of the sweet potatoes with the sprouts, before peeling. Then plant them in the ground to become new sweet potato plants!
Hit “subscribe” to get these recipes in your emails. It’s free!