Jazz, jazz, beautiful jazz here in Vilca! I went last night to the Lion’s Bear and they had the most beautiful jazz performers. My gosh, her singing was gorgeous, and romantic and intriguing. And the bass/guitar performer was absolutely wonderful. It would’ve been hard to sit on those hard stools if the music and food hadn’t been so great. And not too expensive! And it was done by 8:00 p.m.; perfect for people like me who are ready to head home to poor Tiko guarding the house!
1 c. apple sauce
3 c. dehydrated almond pulp or ground almonds or almond meal
1/4 c. poppy seeds, finely ground
3/4 c. coconut nectar or honey
dash vanilla powder or 1 tsp. extract
1 large lemon, juiced
2 tsp. lemon zest
2 T chia or psyllium husks
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/3 c.poppy seeds (and a bit more for garnish)
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until everything is finely chopped and moving freely.
- Press one half of the mixture in the bottom of a spring form pan, smoothing edges and evening the sides as much as possible.
- Reserve the rest for later.
Lemon Coconut Frosting
- 2 c. cashews
- 1 1/2 whole lemons (seeds removed)
- 3 or 4 T. coconut butter
- dash vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. coconut nectar or honey
- 3-4 T. almond/coconut milk or water
- Pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Frost bottom layer of cake and allow to freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Top with remaining cake mixture and gently press, again smoothing edges and evening the sides.
- Return to freezer for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove from spring form pan and frost either top or sides or both with remaining frosting.
Word of the Day – amapola – poppy
Tip of the Day –Add a layer of berries to this cake, if you like, yum!
Click “subscribe” to get these recipes in your inbox daily. It’s free!