Okay, I had another date! This time with Tiko, ha ha. I put on my orange beaded necklace over my tank top, and Tiko and I went out way late – at 6:30 p.m. We got a taxi, went to the little restaurant, “Agave Blu,” on the corner in the Square. And watched “In Time,” with Bill Nighy. I had guacomole and salsa with lady friends, and could watch Tiko in the doorway as he played and garnered attention from the passers-by. Very romantic – Vilca at night, with the lampposts shining, kids playing, the sounds of dinner dishes and the clinking of glasses. The air was sweet and warm, and the company great! Very fun for me!
- 2 c. dates, pitted and chopped (about 20 dates)
- 2 c. cashews
- 1/2 c. cacao powder
- 1/4 c. carob powder
- 1/2 c. almonds, sprouted, if desired
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 3 T. cold water or tea
- Place dates, cashews, cacao, carob, almonds and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add coconut and vanilla pulse again adding water a little at a time until mixture starts to form a ball.
- Press firmly into a 9-inch square baking dish. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Word of the Day – dátiles – dates
Tip of the Day – Sometimes it’s worth it to take yourself out. The person you may have been looking for, is you!
Press “subscribe” to get these recipes in your emails. It’s free!