This is what awaited me on my return to my home in Ecuador:
and 20 4-foot banana trees, free from W, who got them free and planted them to line my driveway, what????!!!!
Recipe: Rose- infused chocolate
1/2 c. carob powder
1/2 c. cacao butter
3 handfuls of rose petals
1/8 tsp. liquid chocolate stevia
1 Tab. honey
- Heat the cacao butter gently and slowly over a double boiler with 2 handfuls rose petals to infuse. Let sit as long as you can. Add the carob and cacao powders, the stevia, and stir, stir, stir for at least 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the salt. Taste and add more sweetening, if desired. Refrigerate until set.
- Meanwhile, in a pestle and mortar grind one handful of rose petals with the coconut sugar to a fine, dusky pink powder. Keep at it.
- When the chocolate mixture is firm, spoon out the chocolates.
- Dust the chocolate with the pink powder to coat.
- Chill or Freeze for 10-20 minutes.
Word of the Day – rosas – roses
Tip of the Day – The cacao here, from Ecuador is so rich, powerful and inexpensive ($2 right now for a whole huge bar of unsweeetened chocolate). It’s wonderful to make your own desserts with it!
Click “subscribe” to get these recipes in your emails. it’s free!